The ultimate landing page checklist
by Stuart Walters on May 26, 2019
- Does the design match your branding?
- Have you removed all distractions from the page? Keep it simple!
- Have you used enough whitespace?
- Is your page optimised for mobile and tablet? (i.e. do you have a responsive design?)
- Does your headline answer the question ‘what is this page about?’
- Does your landing page headline match the message on your ads?
- Is your headline focused, relevant, and details the benefits of your product or service?
- Is the message on your landing page focused on one single purpose?
- Is it clear who your company is and what your services are?
- Does your page message have the clarity of a 30-second elevator pitch? Read it to somebody to find out
- Does the writing focus on benefits rather than features?
- Have you avoided using negative language as much as possible?
- Is your tone consistent?
- Is it clear what somebody will receive by clicking on your CTA?
- Have you limited your page to one CTA?
- Is your CTA near the top of the page and in a prominent position?
- Are there any visual clues towards your CTA?
- Does your CTA stand out from the background?
- Does your form have only the necessary information? Some say that is should only include two items although you may need more
- Does your form avoid having a button that says things like ‘click here’?
- If your sign up is multi step (which should try to be avoided) is it clear what the process will be?
- Is your offer repeated in the form area so that it is clear what they are signing up for?
- Have you removed any external links (unless you want your consumer to go there) including your homepage and footer navigation?
- Do you provide a privacy and or terms and conditions statement/link?
- Do you give multiple contact options?
- Do you provide testimonials or reviews?
- Have you added the relevant code to sufficiently track your conversion rates? E.g. Facebook pixel
- Have you included certifications or logos of partners/affiliates/security registrations?
- Are you doing A/B testing on your pages for important elements in order to optimise your conversions?
- Have you created a separate landing page for each campaign?